Thursday, January 14, 2010

Acrylic nails, yes/no, pros/cons?

what do you think?Acrylic nails, yes/no, pros/cons?
No.





Acrylic nails cost time %26amp; money to maintain - you need to have them filled as your nails grow out.





Acrylics can lift away from your own nail. Moisture, bacteria %26amp; fungus can collect leading to an infection.





Your natural nails will have to be filed down before the acrylic is applied. Once you stop wearing acrylics, your natural nails will be thin %26amp; weak. It will take a while for the damaged nail to grow out.Acrylic nails, yes/no, pros/cons?
i got acrylic nails and theyre really pretty, but your nails can't breath so when they come off, and when they do it really hurts, your nails are really really ugly and thin so they get really short and it takes a really long time to make them look normal again. my advice would be not to get them just get a manicure.
cons:


*fungus under nails is likely


*falls off


*destorys cuticuls


*Allergic reaction


*bleeding


Pros:


*pretty nail designs


*longer nails


*spohisticated look
No, No, 1,000 times no - it's not worth the money and the damage to your natural nails - if you have problem nails, rub nightly (I do it while watching TV) with Hoofers Choice nail cream and always, even if they are short, keep them polished. I had acrylic nails for over ten years and it took me two years to finally get back to strong healthy nails -
They are obvious. They are fake. Fake is ugly. I like natural. I think its a sucker market. The money saved could buy at least one article of clothing a month, or saved for a few months and spent on a tangible item.





In fact, I dont know what I would rather do, pay for an acrylic manicure, or just set fire to the cash.
i get ones from a drugstore if i don't feel like manicuring myself





i wouldn't get them done at a salon though, my mom does and her nails look terrible without the fake nails





GET DRUGSTORE ONES IF ANYTHING! :D
Ive had my acrylics on for awhile and took them off about 2 months ago. I still have nasty imprints on my nails from them. The first 3 weeks without them my nails were brittle and damaged. And I still have small pieces of acrylic stuck on my nails. As pretty as they look on .. its not worth it. Go natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment