Thursday, January 14, 2010

The pros and cons of having long, professionally done nails?

I'm getting my nails done soon....its the first time i'll be having it done, and i was just wondering...are long nails good? I've heard that they're great for typing, but are they annoying for everything else? Should I just get short nails, what I'm used to instead?





Thanks.The pros and cons of having long, professionally done nails?
The first time I had my nails done was the day of my senior prom lol...my aunt had to dress me hose and all. I had a hard time adjusting to them and learning how to do everything with them. I have had them done since, but only occasionally.





Pros:


They look awesome


You can scratch a back better than ever


They are very thick





Cons:


They hurt if they come off


You can rip your nail bed if one comes off


You have to have them removed to keep your nails in decent health...if you take them off yourself it will hurt


You can get an infection if they don't use proper procedure


You have to get them filled like every 2 weeks I think (I never got mine filled, just let them grow out)





Overall its a personal decision. I would say go for it and if you don't like them long you can always cut them back.





Good luck!


;)The pros and cons of having long, professionally done nails?
They make typing more difficult, I'm wearing fake nails right now. With long nails you need to get used to doing things differently. Tying shoelaces is one of those things that become really hard or picking up coins. I find that I use my hands in a slightly more effeminate way when my nails are long and I don't want to chip my polish. The good thing about them is that they do look nice and almost any colour will look good on them.
dont get too long because it looks ghetto :]]
Get shorter ones....I got gel nails once and they were too long and drove me crazy...I couldn't put on necklaces because I couldn't open the clasp because of the nails or even pick up change. I think the shorter ones look nicer anyway and more natural and not like long claws!! The problem with those gel or acrylic nails too is you have to go frequently to get them filled in so it gets time consuming and expensive.
If you're getting fake(I'm guessing acryllic?) nails, you might as well go for a longer length. I don't know where you got your information but long nails make typing much harder, and you get used to opening doors and putting in your contacts differently. If given a choice between regular acryllic and0 gel, choose gel. It's more expensive but well worth the cost ;)
I love the look of them and after a litle while you get used to them. As for typing, having long nails doesnt make it easier, it's actually really annoying at first if youre not used to them. You have to be just a little more careful, Ive had time where Ive been cleaning or hit my fingers against something and have broken a nail down the middle which sometimes broke my real nail too and thats painful!


But all in all, theyre fine, its just what you feel comfortable with, I wore them for 2+ years and love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment