Thursday, January 14, 2010

What are the pros and cons of getting artificial nails from a salon?

I type a lot. So many people are telling me not to get them. What do you think?What are the pros and cons of getting artificial nails from a salon?
Pros:


-They look nice





Cons:


-They take time and money to keep up


-They damage your real nails


-The lines on your nails, after have them removed, take a long time to grow out


-It's harder to keep the underneath part clean which can be dangerousWhat are the pros and cons of getting artificial nails from a salon?
I love them, I've been wearing them for years, and I type all day long. I used to keep them short but now I have them made glamour lenght and it doesn't bother my typing, I got used to it.





I usually have mine removed at the salon every 5-6 months and keep them off for a couple of weeks to let my nails breath and when I do so, my natural nails are ok and healthy.





I guess where you get them done is important.





I have refills every 2-3 weeks for approx. $20 so it's not that expensive.
I had them for years. They look great, you can tell them that you want them sport length I think is what they told me. That way they are not too long. Just remember every 4 to 6 weeks you will have to have then refilled and that is an extra cost, when they break, there is a repair cost, when you take them off your nails underneath will be paper thin, You will have a ridge line on your nail that will be there until the nail grows out. You really have to take all of this in mind. Also if water gets underneath you can get a really bad infection. Make sure you go to a really good place with a good reputation to have them done.
I love them and they look and feel great but when you type alot, it does make it more difficult. They are also very painful when they break off. I type alot too but when I get them done, I decide to get them cut shorter in order to make everything easier while still making your nails look beautiful
i have artificial nails, and i have had them for four months (with the maintenance) I type every day, and as long as you keep them shorter, you shouldn't have any problems. I personally have an acrylic overlay (which is my natural nail and acrylic over it.) Many of the ';salons'; offer nail tips with an acrylic overlay. Keep in mind that the ';salons'; (little stores with the foreign employees) tend to use mechanical nail filers which can destroy your nailbed. Also, these tools sometimes are not cleaned well, which can cause problems for you. Make sure you go to a clean, reputable salon. I personally recommend going to someone who is going to do your nails by hand (someone who uses a standard nail file instead of a metal file of doom!) I have a wonderful nail tech who is very gentle, and my nails are perfect. It may cost a little more to do your nails this way, but it is so much more worth it in the end.
The pros- you have a nice looking manicure that lasts a while and you don鈥檛 have to do much with it until it鈥檚 time for a fill-in. The cons: expensive (will cost you about $30-$40 per month), ruins your natural nails (makes it thin and weak.)

No comments:

Post a Comment